Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Image heavy... but not in a bad way

Hiya... well I am still no longer a student and I have just been on my first holiday for ages! My parents are here from Scotland so I went on a bit of a road trip with them round the north island of NZ. It was great and I feel a little more relaxed.

Apart from giving my house a good spring clean (which includes my sewing room, yikes) I have been looking at my list of Bubbledust post ideas and its loooooong! But that means there is lots to post, yippeee. So lets start with the last promise of more pictures of my major work... well what about those after some pictures of my fellow costumiers work... yes that sounds good.

Sorry but you may have to scroll for a bit as I want to make the images as big as I can. There are 6 fellow costumiers works to get through! You can click the images and they should load up bigger!

First up Helle's work.

Helle created a witch, but not any ole witch she created Baba Yaga, the witch of Russsian origins. The witch transforms on stage with the inner beauty of Baba the final exit.

Now Miss Tara's bad ass bride.


Tara was inspired by Christian Dior and the myth of the runaway bride... smokin!

Next up Jane's work.

Jane hand screen printed every singe fan, the print on the skirt and gown. A masquerade dress inspired by Japanese patterns.

Now for Eliza's beautiful Edwardian gown.


Quite simply her character's name of Florence says it all. Inspired by Charles Fredrick Worth and of a sublime green this dress had some fabulous undies too!

Now for Liz or as I like to call her Luz who has a love affair for Erte.

Oh those feathers! Oh those painstakingly hand sewn beaded chains and gem encrusted everything. I salute all things Luz :)

Lastly, Kellys work, my 18th century man!

The hand quilted waistcoat (click the image for more detail), the self fabric covered buttons, the pleated stock the wonderful detail and skill, amazing!

And finally another two images of my work from the photo shoot. In my next post I will post the final image and upload my work book of my major work for anybody that may be interested in my research etc. See you soon.


xx

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from another one that posted a picture of your work.
    I have to say I am stunned, it is so beautiful and just amazing. The work of your fellow students is also beautiful but your period costume could be straight out of a fairytale.
    I have made a few pieces of clothing in my time but can only sit back in awe of your lovely creation.
    I hope that you will find work in this field as I think it would be a waste of talent. I instantly think of the costume designers in the movies when I look.
    I will be showing my husband when he gets home from work.
    Congrats on graduating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bec,

    Thanks for your really kind comment, been a while since I checked my blog so sorry for the delay :)

    I am putting my porfolio together now and will hopfully get some work in the future, hehe.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails