Well I have been trucking along with my pieces for the Colette Spring Challenge. There are a few items that have changed. I have not made the long linen bias skirt from the new look pattern. Instead I made it from the 1970's pattern I found at the op-shop for 50c. I made the long skirt on the right. Easy peasy.
Don't they look happy, maybe its because they are wearing fashionable clog shoes, ha ha.
Below is the nearly finished article, just got to hem the mammoth hem and put in a hook and eye...
and an iron.
Then I did a toile of the vintage 1970s blouse pattern in a fabric that I have had in my stash for ages, it fitted really well! So it is a wearable toile, yes! Just going to tone down the puff on the sleeve cap a wee bit.
The purple skirt is finished. I have made this skirt before so it was easy to get it together quick smart. I used a wonderful breathable purple linen.
I really love the patten for the godet skirt, it swooshes wonderfully. Whooooooooo!
So now for some hemming, hook and eyeing and erm more sewing of godet skirt.
The wrap skirt I wanted to make may be cast aside. I am trying to stash bust with this challenge and the material I wanted to use is not enough.
Just wanted to say to any New Zealand readers that my thoughts go out to you at this time, such a terrible time for those involved in the earthquake. Hope you and your loved ones are safe.