Monday, February 7, 2011

Spring Palette Challenge

I have decided to take up the Colette Spring Pattern Challenge . The idea is to collect inspirations, fabric and patterns and make these into clothes or accessories by March. I am a little behind but here is my design board and colour palette.

My main inspiration is from some images I took when I was in Scotland this year, I love the contrast between the white of the snow and the amazing pastels in the sky (main background picture).

I also went to see the Ballet Russes exhibition at the V&A while in London, it was incredible and I loved the detailing one costume in particular (second image from bottom right). Even the garments in the poster were very sweet (second image from top left).

Out of my Japanese fashion books I loved this Suffolk puff headband (top right) and cowl neck drop waisted dress (second image from bottom left). I also love the detailing on the red drop waisted dress (bottom right image).

I think Michelle Williams has great style and I have had this skirt in my fashion folder for a while now ( middle image bottom).

The floating images of the two tops in the upper left are techniques I would love to try. Beading and ribbon detailing. On the sleeves of the bow blouse the stripes are made by making thin tubes of the main blouse material and then sewing it on to the plain sleeve fabric.

Lastly the vintage Dior Cloche, love the colours and feather detailing. Want to make a hat as an accessory within this challenge.

Right, now I am going to get on a select fabrics and patterns!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails