Sunday, December 20, 2009

Costume Creation: The final Installment

Last time the costume had changed and breakdown had begun! If you have missed out (or don't know what I am writing about) click for Part One and Part Two.

Under the lighting the costume did not look old and dirty enough. It was suppose to belong to an old judge that had been hung and then enjoyed the breeze for a couple of weeks, lovley! Plus at this point Emma really wanted to mess this costume up more at the ends. Here is the final stage of breakdown, which I did with a tints of dark grey paint.



I covered the dummy again with a black bin bag to stop the next person who used it from cursing me forever.



This seemed to do the trick, Emma was happy with the costume under lights and then I handed over the costume to Shadon Meredith. This is when you have to let go of that costume and go watch the performer use it on stage, very exciting.



Hope you enjoyed the little journey through my final student costume creation. Hopefully the 'for real' costume creation is not so far away.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails