Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Hogmanay



This is my veiw from where I have been blogging for a whole year in blog land. Who would have thought it. My reason for starting this blog was to see if I could buy no unethical clothes for a year. Did I do it?

Truth be told, no. Right at the last hurdle I gave in to temptation and bought a rather lovely top on sale in a high street chain... darn those Xmas pre-sales.

It did get me thinking though... if I can go nearly a whole year without buying mass produced garments and recycle and make my own clothes maybe I can do that again and again... I do now feel no real joy in shopping as an activity. I used to almost get high from it and then crash and burn with a wardrobe full of mismatched hardly ever worn clothes.

So this year as made a vast improvement to my out look on shopping, I don't think it is cool at all to be a shopaholic.  I have made vast leaps in defining my person style too and well it is always great to know yourself a wee bit better :)

I think the focus of these pages widened also to include my passions in life as well as my quest for the local over the global shop, the handmade over the mass produced and the refashioned over the landfill. Plus my studies in costume and desires in Anthropologie, haha.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading my blog in 2009 and join me for more Bubbledust related goodness in 2010. Not the smoking kind either... I searched for my blog online and was amused to see that you can not only read Bubbledust but smoke it too... yikes!



Well I will sign off for this year and leave my seat at my computer and sewing machine empty as I get ready to go over the mountains and celebrate Hogmanay with my friends and family in the warm summer night.

Thank you for reading and have a great Hogmanay and 2010. Bring it on.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails