Monday, March 16, 2009

Her Naked Skin

One of the reasons that I am so busy and not so blog-e these days is due to four projects running at the same time. My most imminent deadline is costuming a workshop performance of the play Her Naked Skin by Rebecca Lenkiewicz. The period is Edwardian, the year 1913 and the setting is the Suffragette movement in the UK.


Even though a workshop performance is not fully costumed it is still an involved role to design and source. I have been researching lots of different sites and found amazing images. One picture library that our school librarian directed me too was the Mary Evans collections and I found the Museum of London to be really great too.

It really is an amazing time in history and an often overlooked civil rights movement.
If you want to see the performance information on dates and how to book is here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails