Saturday, May 23, 2009

Knitty hat

It has been a long time since I have made a post about something not related to costume or the lightdress! I don't seem to have time for much else these days but my studies, at least I love what I study. The lightdress is now complete and on tour to the states with Annabel Alpers aka Bachelorette. Karen and myself went to the gig on Thursday night and saw the dress in action which was great after all our hours or work got some pics and video, but more on that once I select the best pics to show.

I have picked up a new craft though, knitting.

I can crochet not to bad but the click clack of those needles has finally entrapped me. I found a great knitting community called Raverly. It appeals to me as not only does it list great patterns it lets you organise your knitting projects and view other members projects to see what hints and tips they give about what makes a pattern great or just plain blahhhhh. Good for beginners and seasoned pros!

So I found a great pattern, Robin's Egg Blue by Rachel Iufer got some secondhand knitting needles, consulted my Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlecraft and set to work.

I did unravel countless times but the end product is not bad for my first knitting project ever and first time knitting in the round! It will keep me warm indoors and outdoors in NZ as it is now really cold in ole Welly and sadly my house lacks any normality of insulation, double galzing or central heating (I do miss those three things sooooo much in winter). Even though I did buy the yarn and button new all my tools are recycled, knitting needles, double ponited needles and my Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlecraft. I now need to make myself a needle case as I think I am addicted! I have to say that my dealer of this knitting drug was none other than my classmate and friend Kelly who is a knitter par excellence, respect!

Until next time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails