Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dirndl days and pearly confections



Its a mixed deluxe bunch today, recycling, refashioning and make new... a new Opshop has just opened up on my walk to my local library and on my first visit I found a black slinky dirndl and a shiny set of fake pearls.

I have had a wonderful enamelled pendent on a rather uncomfy suede thong for quite some time now and I never wear it, so I decided to do my first refashion. You can read about my refashion over on the Wardrobe Refashion blog but lets just say that the pearly confection is super sweet if I don't say so myself.

I have also just finished making a top from fabric found in the scrap bins in the costume workshop. Very nice white silk and lace no less. I made a light jacket as in the summer sun in NZ you need to slip, slop and wrap to keep you pale and interesting. Its a whole lot more fun if done in style!

Then just like a dream my leather obi belt by Ledthread that I had won on the BurdaStyle site arrived. Its so soft and pretty. So I put a few looks together with the Opshop black dirndl, new handmade jacket and my prize obi.

Dressing up is so much fun, even for grown up girls.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails